Last updated: 9th October 2018
- How and what personal information we collect from you
- Where we use your personal information for
- The options you have about your personal information
If there are any questions about data protection, you can best contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Handprint Games Ltd., The Bishops House, Porterfield Road, Kilmacolm, United Kingdom PA13 4PD
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What information we collect from you and how.
Information you provide to us
Contact information or other information you choose to give us, when you send us an e-mail or otherwise interact with us.
Information we collect automatically, through our games
Device type, country, device language, in-game behaviour and purchases, IP address, Apple’s Advertising Identifier and Google Play advertising ID
Information we collect from our partners
In some of our games it will be possible to log into a third party platform such as Apple Game Center and Google Sign-In. When you use one of these third parties, we may access information about you from that platform such as your profile information, friend lists, profile name, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by such third party platform provided that you have given the third party in question such consent.
When you use a third party platform in one of our games, you represent and warrant that:
- Your access and use of such features in connection with our games, will comply with the applicable terms and policies of such site or platform
- That you are over the age limit that is prescribed for such third party platform by legislation in the individual jurisdictions
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Where we use your personal information, this will be in order to:
- Operate our games
- Verify and confirm payments
- Develop and improve our games, websites and services
- Customise our games, websites and services to give you the best experience
- Respond to your questions and give you support where requested
- Send you related information, such as custom promotions, updates, security alerts and support messages
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our games
- To provide you with reasonable contextual advertisements.
- Enable you to connect with other players
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We will store your personal information for the time necessary in order to fulfil the purposes as described above, unless further storage is required in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to comply with applicable laws.
Your personal information will be deleted or anonymised, as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purposes mentioned above.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Apart from Handprint Games, your data may be accessed by:
- Third party partners working with Handprint Games
- Public authorities. These public authorities process your information only at and according to our instructions, to provide our games or other services, such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
- Other players in order to provide certain in-app features, such as leaderboards, if you log into our games, using Apple Game Center or Google Sign-In.
- If you have given us consent to share your advertising IDs with our ad network partners, for the purpose of them serving behavioural advertisements to you within our games.
Our third party partners may access your information and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies, to learn more about their practices for processing information. Their privacy policies can be found at the links below:
- Unity Ads and Unity Analytics: http://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
- AdMob: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
SHARING WITH SOCIAL MEDIA
Our games may offer social sharing features, which let you share actions you take in our games with other media. Please be aware that you must be over the minimum age limit that is prescribed by the legislation in the individual jurisdictions to use any social sharing features in our games. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
The third party partners we use for social sharing may access your information and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies, to learn more about their practices for processing information. Their privacy policies are as follow:
- Apple Game Center: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/gamecenter/
- Google Sign-In: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS
OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
Based on your age information and your device settings, Handprint Games does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the minimum age limit that is prescribed by the legislation in the individual jurisdictions. If you are a child, please do not send us any personal information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any other personal information. If such personal information has been processed without the knowledge of Handprint Games, we will, after having become aware of the incident, immediately take reasonable measures to stop such processing and promptly delete any such information from the records of Handprint Games.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, or have any questions about privacy practices related to children under the applicable minimum age, please contact us at: email@example.com.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Handprint Games follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, privacy and integrity of your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
You have the right to correct your information, object to how we use your information, have your information deleted, and restrict how we use or share your information. You can always withdraw your consent in the game settings.
If you have an unresolved privacy or information use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact your local information protection authority.
Access the personal information we hold about you.
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format within 3 months. Please note that the access may be restricted due to intellectual property or trade secrets.
Opt-out of marketing e-mails and other direct marketing.
You have an option to opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing e-mails from us by following instructions in such communications.
Opt-out of targeted advertising.
You have a choice about participating in interest-based advertising. If you wish to opt-out, you can do that by checking the privacy settings of your iOS or Android device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (for iOS device) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (for android device). For more information, please see the following methods:
- Visit http://aboutads.info/appchoices, to learn about and download the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice app, AppChoices, which allows you to opt out directly from companies listed in the app.
- Use your phone operating system’s opt-out setting. For instructions on how to “Limit Ad Tracking” in the iOS, please visit this link. For instructions on how to “Opt out of interest-based ads” in Android OS, please visit this link. In providing you with transparency and access to choice regarding interest-based ads, we are acting in accordance with our commitment to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles. To learn more about the Principles, please visit http://aboutads.info/consumers/.